Thursday, June 7, 2012

Why do we have to work?

Work-- Work has been good. Making progress on a lot of things personally and professionally. I've realized that I've changed a lot in this past year. I didn't expect to be in such a different place mentally. I guess it happens in life. I've always been a believer in the idea that life takes us where we need to be and makes us who we need to be.


And life handed me this horse. I'm still debating what it wants me to do with it-- but I think it's a good indicator that maybe I should be thinking about getting back into a career with animals. Seeing Katie be born was an amazing experience for me. Getting to know her in the days since have been nearly magical. When I'm not watching her be a horse I'm thinking about watching her be a horse. I think about all the learning I want to do about working with horses and how much I'm going to be learning in the coming months with Katie about raising a foal.


Char is a great mother too, she's attentive but she doesn't crowd Katie. Char seems to give her plenty of space to learn things on her own. I love spending time with my girls. Once Char's leg is healed up and Katie is weened I'm going to learn to ride proper. 



No comments:

Post a Comment